Friday, March 4, 2011

4 Months

Today was A's 4 month check-up. This included the usual, height, weight, head circumference, joint check, how she's doing with her milestones and of course, vaccinations.

The first nurse we saw told us she would be having 4 or 5 shots. Seriously?! That is too much for one day, but we were going to suck it up, and get over it.

Babes weighed in at a whopping 15.9 1/2 pounds, and 24 inches long. She is doing everything she should be doing at 4 months. Rolling over, laughing, "talking", smiling, grabbing toys, eating 4-6oz at a time, enjoying some solids (organic apples, pears and sweet potatoes) and trying to sit up on her own.

Luckily she only ended up getting 2 shots and an oral vaccination, (which is what it was supposed to be, damn nurse freaking me out for no reason) thank goodness. She did pretty well, much  better than last time. I looked up some suggestions to make it a little easier for both of us from Dr. Google, and read about giving her a little sugar water just before the injections, so we did that, I also brought her pacifier (which she still will not have anything to do with) and a couple of her toys that play music and flash lights, anything to keep her distracted. I had to hold her arms down and hold the toy in front of her face as the (mean ol' heartless) nurse stabbed my pretty baby in each thigh. The initial stick surprised her, and she cried. But once it was over and I picked her up for some snuggling she was fine. By the time we left the parking lot, she was out like a light. She stayed that way (in her carseat) for the next hour. Then she woke up super needy and whiny, so I gave her lots of lovin' and she went back to sleep for a while.

She is doing so much better compared to her 2 month shots, I'm not sure what exactly it was that helped her this time so I guess we'll be doing all of this over again in May for her 6 month vaccinations.

My little baby is growing up so fast!

No comments: