Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I just ate half a bag of pretzels

Not quite, but more than enough. That was my lunch today.

You see, normally I'd be at work, and would have eaten my usual Pb&j or turkey on whole wheat, but today was a little different.

Last night when the babe and I got home, I noticed she had a pretty big eye booger. (Sorry, I guess I could have warned you) which is very unusual for her. So we went about our normal routine, and she napped a while in her swing before I moved her to her bed. While I was moving her I noticed her eyelashes we covered in gunk, so I though to myself....crap. Pinkeye.

How could my little baby daughter have gotten something so yucky. Her nanny didn't have it, her father nor myself had it, so I was at a loss. I cleaned her up and put her to bed knowing what I'd find in the morning would be worse.

I was right. I knew her nanny wouldn't keep her, so I called her to let her know what was going on and the Mr and I decided that I would work the first half of the day while he took her to the Doc and he would work the second half so neither of us would have to miss a full day.

Well. Apparently she doesn't have pinkeye. She poked her poor, little self in the eye.  They gave us some drops and sent us on our way. By the time I got home from work I could already see improvement. Thank God.

If it's not one thing it's another. Seriously. Can I please catch a break?! First the wreck, now this?
It could be much worse, so I'll stop whining.

....................................................................................................

I won 2 tickets to Busch Gardens today on the radio. So I'm super excited to go and take the babe and let her see all of the animals!! Oh how exciting!! I can't wait!

Our attorney finally contacted us today so we can have a follow up doctor appointment. Which means I'll miss more work, but I have to go. Like, I must. I think I cracked a rib....seriously.  We ran out of pain meds a few days ago, and we're hurting. God willing we'll get this all straightened out sooner rather than later.

I'll leave you with....
The hubs and I a few years ago, the shortest my hair has been in my adult life....never again. <3
(You thought it was going to be the babe didn't you?!)

1 comment:

Kristen Thornburg said...

Ha... you're not as bad as me... the other day I ate half a bag of pretzels.... CHOCOLATE covered pretzels. Yeah. No self control when it comes to the world of chocolate coverings!

www.mrstnaturally.blogspot.com