Sunday, July 3, 2011

Newborn again?

That's what it seemed like I had last night. Not an 8 month old baby who sleeps through the night for 11 hour stretches....oh no, a brand new little, bitty baby that wanted to be held and rocked. Heaven forbid you put her down. As soon as her head hit the sheets she'd wake up and start crying again. I definitely don't miss those never ending nights.

God willing it was a one night thing. I think she's about to get more teeth, maybe that's the culprit. She's been gnawing on her hand like there's no tomorrow and I've never seen so much drool!! So gross. We call her Special Agent Grosso. (Those of you with kids can appreciate that!)

................................................................................................

We went to Ikea yesterday to look for ideas for a dining room table. Guess what?! We found one we liked, and we bought it! An added bonus, is was under our budget! WAY under our budget!
GRANĂ…S Table and 4 chairs, black, glass
This photo doesn't really do it justice. (thanks ikea.com)  Underneath the glass top there's a little shelf area (kind of) made of cute little squares (which match our decor!) I'm not going to use it for storing napkins or magazines like the description calls for, we're going to put some big, wide bowl and then maybe a bamboo plant on top of the glass..... we'll see.
The chairs however, neither the hubs or myself are a fan of. We bought gray cushions to put on them, which makes them look a little better, but as soon as we find some chairs we like, we'll be replacing them.

...................................................................................

Not a whole lot happened this week/weekend. Cleaning, laundry, Ikea, grocery shopping today, and a little relaxing. We were going to check out a Church we were invited to by a colleague, but with the baby's sleepless night last night, we didn't quite make it. So, next Sunday it is.
And the weekend after that we'll be headed to Busch Gardens to spend the day with my dad and sister! I'm really excited because I haven't been in years. I think the last time the hubs and I went was 2006...? I'm not certain, but it's been a long time.
I'd also like to make it to the beach sometime soon, since we live....oh I don't know, half hour from the shore! I'm excited to take the little one since she's such a water baby already!

I hope you all have a safe and fantastic 4th!!
Enjoy your week!!

Oh, and one more thing.....17 days until BRITNEY SPEARS!!!!

No comments: