Friday, June 25, 2010

Follow Up

Today's appointment went great. I asked the doctor all the questions I had, she had all the answers I wanted to hear, which made me like her even more. She is awesome, I'm so glad I love my ob.

Anyhow, on to Miss. Ariana, her anatomy scan was great, everything looks normal, no worries (YAY) doc let us listen to her heartbeat, its such a beautiful sound. I wish I had an at home Doppler so I could listen to it whenever I wanted. However, she hadn't gotten the results from my Quad Screen, so I had to give some more blood, thank God that stuff regenerates otherwise I'd have run out a long time ago. Hopefully that will come back great, and then everything will be officially normal and good, and I'll be one happy momma. I can't help but have a little anxiety over these things, this is my child for Christ's sake, I want to know for sure that she is healthy. So far, so good. We have another appointment in 4 weeks, then 2 weeks after that I'll get my rhogam shot (stupid negative blood), then 3 weeks after that will be my baby shower!! I'm so excited for that btw. Oh, one more thing, in the past 4 weeks I've only gained 2 POUNDS!! That made my day. I'm hoping that I've kind of plateaued since I gained so much so early.

In other non-baby related news, my effing job pissed me off first thing this morning. Jessica's birthday party has been planned for months now, and I'm going to miss it because I have to work. Needless to say, I was furious. They scheduled me 10 days off IN A ROW so I wasn't able to request off (although I probably should have done it sooner) and then they schedule me 3 days in a row, now normally I wouldn't be bitching about it, especially since we need the money, but they NEVER schedule me more than 2 days in a row. Never! And now, when its most inconvenient for me, they do. I'll be so happy when I finally go on maternity leave so I can not worry about this job, and I can stay home and focus on being ready for this baby. Wow, I just read the last couple of sentences, and I sound like a brat. Whatevs I don't care. Until tomorrow, or later tonight...
JLM

No comments: