Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Plans.....

With the expectant arrival of our daughter, it's come to my attention that we need to do some serious deep cleaning of this apartment. Granted, we're not slobs, no where near that actually, but we don't know who (or what) lived here prior to us. So here is a list of things we need to do in the upcoming months, (to the apartment, and otherwise)
Clean the carpet (this includes renting a carpet cleaning machine and getting off our asses)
Wash all clothes (baby's & ours) with a Free and Clear detergent
Wash all baby blankets, car seat cover, swing cover, all other "covers" for baby products with a Free and Clear detergent.
Clean Chad's car. VERY WELL. He smokes in it, and I'm not happy about the smell that will linger long after baby arrives, I'm sure he won't be happy when I tell him he can't smoke in it anymore. Sorry boo.
Do a serious dusting of all normally out of reach things, IE ceiling fans, top of cabinets, top of fridge...etc.
Along with doing all this cleaning, we will need to organize, organize, organize! Our place really isn't big enough for 2 adults, a cat, and now a baby. But we'll have to make due with what we have until our lease is up in April. I don't want our place to look like a baby's house, I want is to look like our home, with a baby living in it. That means, keeping all of her things, large and small, where they go at all times and out of the way when not in use. I say this now, but ask me again in 5 months when I haven't slept more than 2 hours a night for days.

What do you think? Is there anything I may have missed?

No comments: