Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week(end) Recap

I know I don't update as often as I used to, but I'm busy these days.

I leave home at 7am and don't get home until 6pm. I'd update from my crackberry, but if I did, I'd never get any work done, so for now, I'll update when I can, continuing of course, my wordless Wednesday/Project 52.

My first week at my new job was great. All of the people in the office are really nice, and very helpful. Nearly 80% of the employees in our office are Hispanic, so they talk amongst each other in Spanish. Now I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with people speaking in whatever language they are most comfortable with, but I do, however, find it a little rude when we're all sitting at lunch together and they talk to each other knowing that we can't understand them. Am I wrong for feeling this way? If I am, please don't hesitate to correct me.

Here's what I do: I sit at a desk, in a room by myself (until they get an office space available for me) and I organize receipts from all of the Mexican restaurants in Epcot. I separate them, and count them, and enter all of the information into Excel. Now, I'm the only person who does this particular job, and we have quite a few restaurants, so I am never not busy. There is always work for me, which is awesome. It helps the days go by so much faster.
I appreciate this because we had to get a nanny for Baby A. I was hesitant at first and worried about this, but the woman we chose is a friend of a friend of a friend. She worked in a day care for 20 years, has 2 kids of her own, and Baby A is the only child she keeps. She is the sweetest woman I have ever met. My first day dropping the babe off with her, she got me a card telling me that everything would be ok, and not to worry that babes was in good hands and if I needed anything, or if I ever wanted to call, I could whenever. I cried so hard leaving my baby with her. I would have cried leaving her with anyone, but knowing that she was with someone who genuinely cared, made it a little easier. (She warned me when we all met for the first time for her initial interview that I would cry, I didn't think I would, but my Cod! She was right!)
It got easier everyday. She hugs me every morning and tells me to have a good day and asks me about my day when I pick up the kiddo. Amazing. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. She also got me a card on Friday congratulating me on making it through my first week!!
Babes seems to be getting used to her as well, she said she gradually got more used to her everyday. Tomorrow will be interesting since she will have to readjust from being with us all weekend. But fingers crossed everything will be ok.

Nothing really exciting happened this past week, woke up, went to work, came home, went to bed. Nothing to write home about for sure. Hmm, lets see...trying to think about what went down this weekend..
ahh, Saturday I went to work at my second job Old Navy. I like it, and I'm keeping it because I like the discount I get at the Gap. Plus it's only 1 day a week or every other, nothing I can't handle. The hubs got his xbox back that night from getting fixed, so he was a happy camper. Then we went to Linds and Wes' house drank some brews, watched Pretty Little Liars and Teen Mom 2. Usually we have to leave early because babes throws a fit, but this time, she fell asleep in my arms, and I held her and she did great! We actually got to stay out until 1030ish!
This morning we went to breakfast at Lindsey's parents, went and looked at a townhouse (that I really want to move into) then Lindsey and I went shopping and I came home and here we are. (There's a lot of Lindsey in that paragraph, can you tell I don't have many friends? I don't care, she'd be my favorite regardless...((don't worry Jess, ily toooo)) ..)

Tomorrow begins week 2 of full time workin', and my FIRST pay check!!! Woot! I'm rich biatch! Whomp whomp!! (thats a truck horn btw) haha

Have a good week.

(I was spell checking and I spelled 'regardless' wrong, and one of the suggestions were 'irreguardless' THAT'S NOT A WORD! GAH!)

3 comments:

j.greene said...

Bah! No worries, I'm not offended! I'm so excited for you to get your first paycheck though! I totes know how you feel, I just got my full 2 weeks paycheck deposited into my account from unemployment and it was more than I was expecting! Woo!

Zombie Mom😳 said...

lots of me because I'm AWEEESOME

Carol said...

I didn't realize that we live in the same part of the country! I am headed your way tomorrow...doing the MK thing with the kiddo...oye.