Thursday, September 23, 2010

35 weeks down, 35 days to go....

•How far along?: 35 weeks bitches!!!


•How big is baby?: 5 pounds and still around 17 inches or so.

•Maternity clothes?: Almost everything. Sadly I'm down to one pair of maternity jeans that fit, but luckily I'll have an outside baby before it gets too chilly.


•Stretch marks?: Nothing too serious...fingers crossed! :)


•Sleep?: It's pretty good. I can't complain.


•Food cravings?: Whatever is currently shown via commercial.


•Labor signs?: We'll get to that in a minute...


•Belly button in or out?: Innie. It's not coming out!


•What I miss: My pre preg body and weight, being able to shave easily, and the parts of my body I can no longer see. Being able to get up easily, and not peeing 100 times a day.


•What I'm looking forward to: Getting this kid out of my ute!


Okay. Lets discuss last night, shall we?
So I was excited all day because being that it is now September, all my favorite shows are back on! So I was looking forward to Law & Order SVU all day! Well, around 7:30 8:00, I got this super ouch feeling in my lower belly. Like, way low, where my pubic area meets my stomach. Also, I had some pain in my back, where I would assume my kidneys are (?). So I drank some water thinking (knowing) that maybe I was dehydrated. I knew I didn't drink enough water all day...whatever. So it's 9:00 and I'm still feeling these pains, they're constant, they don't come and go like contractions do. When I was sitting it wasn't nearly as bad as when I was standing up moving around. So I called the doctor, explained to a nurse my symptoms, and she said she would have the doctor on call call me back. I get off the phone with her, and I send Chad a text telling him whats going on. She calls me right when I'm done texting him, and I'm on the phone with her and shes telling me what I should do to feel better. I get off the phone with her, and right away Chad calls, he tried to call like 3 times while I was on the phone with the doctor, apparently he only got half the message I sent him and he was trying to figure out what was going on. So i'm on the phone with him, telling him what's up, and the doctor calls back(?) So I answer it, and she tells me because I'm 35 weeks I need to go in to Labor and Delivery to get checked out. So I tell Chad this, and we make plans to get me there since he was at work. I call Lindsey and she doesn't answer, so I call Jessica...she came to my rescue in like 10 minutes. Her and Vann take me to the hospital and I get wheeled to L&D. Theeeeen Chad shows up, and Vann and Jess leave. (thanks for taking me btw Jess!) I go into a triage room, get nekked from the waste down hooked up to fetal monitors and wait....and wait...and wait. They did an internal exam to see if I was dilated, I wasn't, but the exam caused me to start having contractions (which I wasn't having to begin with btw) so they keep me hooked up and monitor me for another hour, all while I'm instructed to drink 6 glasses of water, yes, that's right I said 6, and take a pain pill. They come back and do another exam after an hour and I'm still not dilated so they say I can go! WooHoo! They came to the conclusion that baby girl is head down, and very low, that's the pain I've been feeling, and that she is still small! Thank goodness, I really don't want to have a 9 pound kid. So here I am, the next day and I'm just totally uncomfortable. I guess I have to get used to it for the next few weeks or so.
So that was my first real sign of labor. Sorry about writing a book.

No comments: