Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday

I could not be happier that today is Friday. It has been one hell of a week. Emergency room twice, family dinner night out on Wednesday (mid-week dinner dates with my family ((other than the hubs)) is too much, I always think it's the weekend and my next day at work sucks.) 

Today, as you know, is Good Friday, and Earth Day. Didn't really do much to celebrate Earth Day, I didn't litter, so that has to count towards something....right? As for Good Friday...well...
I had to work. My job never takes a day off. We make up for Saturday and Sunday on Monday...that's the busiest day of the week. 
Our boss sent us an email yesterday telling us to bring our appetites because they were feeding us! Having a luncheon in honor of Good Friday?! Yes please! 
They got us Olive Garden...um, delish! 
We started off with a little
bruschetta



then we got to choose from
chicken scampi

Ravioli 

and Fettuccine Alfredo

Or we could have all 3, which most of us did along with as many bread sticks as we could handle.

Finished off of course, with these


So needless to say, lunch was great. 
Then, because apparently she's awesome, our boss let us all go home at 3:00 instead of 4:30! What a great start to our holiday weekend. 

The baby is feeling much, much better today. She was in a great mood when I picked her up from her nanny, and she stayed in a great mood until I put her to bed. 

Today marks day 5 of working out!
The Mr. and I bought  this

and let me tell you, it has been kicking our asses all week. I'm doing a "post baby" workout. It's starting with my legs and bum, so WOW, my poor, poor legs have been so sore, but the only way to make them stop hurting is to keep it up! So we are. 
(We also haven't drank any beer this week at all) We're only going to be drinking during the weekend, which will be good for the beer bellies he and I have acquired. 


This has been quite the post, and I promise to update with a little 'after Easter' update. 
Have a great weekend, and Easter. Don't forget what Easter is all about my fellow bloggers ;)



All pictures provided by Google Image

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sounds like an awesome day at work! I always loved getting lunch provided by the company :)

I hope you have a relaxing weekend...sounds like you deserve it!