Friday, April 15, 2011

Sick baby

Yesterday morning babes woke up with a little cough. This isn't out of the ordinary...she sometimes a lot of the time will cough to get our attention. This, however was different. She was also a bit sneezy (this isn't a word, I'm well aware of that spell check!) 
So I took her to her nanny, and told her to keep an eye on her and let me know how she was throughout the day. I picked her up and she had gotten progressively worse. But we all know kids get worse at night. 
She went to bed around 9ish, and woke up every 30 minutes beginning at 2am. She just woke herself up coughing, poor thing. 


Today, she was a little worse, so  when I picked her up from the nanny, I called the MR and told him to get ready we were taking her to after hours pediatrics. We were only there for about an hour and a half, the doctor (whom I loved btw) told us she didn't have an ear infection (which we thought since another symptom she had was pulling on her ear) and she didn't have asthma. Phew. She does have acid reflux, which we've since she was 2 months. The doctor upped her meds and said that should solve the coughing. Fingers crossed it does. We were going to celebrate my birthday this weekend, but It looks like we'll be staying in. I'm very ok with that, it's my first birthday as a mom, so I want to spend it with the little one.


Happy Friday

1 comment:

Megan said...

I hope your little one gets to feeling better soon! It's no fun at all for anyone when baby is sick.

Enjoy your birthday!! Staying in is how we choose to celebrate most of our special days lately, and it's not bad :)