Friday, May 13, 2011

6 months....

My babe is 6 months old (actually she's closer to 7 months, so shoot me I'm late)
She had her check up this morning at 8am. Her doctor was kind enough to show up at 9:30.
Meh, things happen (traffic anyone?)

So, she weighs 18lbs 7oz, is 26 3/4 in long, and her head circumference is 17 (If I'm remembering correctly)
She is in the 90th percentile in weight and head circumference, and 75th percentile in height. This is the first appointment they have actually given me her percentages. Jerks.
She was tired and grumpy, and on top of all that, got 3 shots and an oral vaccination. She didn't appreciate that very much, she screamed and cried, but only for about 2 minutes then she was over it. She's such a good baby.
She's on top of all of her milestones, and her doc suggested we introduce the 'sippy cup' ....... She says it'll be easier to wean her off the bottle if we do, so we might just pick one up this weekend. She also told me that things are changing, and it is now recommended that kids be in rear facing car-seats until they are two!? I hadn't seen any seats that would fit a kid that big that faces the back... I don't know.

As you know, we've been working out daily. Well, we haven't stopped. The Mr. says he has lost 7 pounds! I'm so proud. I haven't been on a scale since January. I feel the longer I go between adventures on the scale, and bigger jump downward haha.  I have no clue what I weigh, nor do I want to know....yet anyway. Close to my pre-pregnancy weight!! So close!!

Enjoy your weekend!!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Wha whoo 6 months already! She looks like she is growing perfectly. I heard about that change and I think it's a good thing, I kept my 1st Rear facing til she was 14 months and the 2nd until she was 18 months...it's really safer for them...