Monday, May 23, 2011

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. I've never been in a more terrifying situation.

My husband, myself and our daughter were involved in a near head on collision. Some punk ass kid thinking he had enough time to turn in front of us..... he clearly did not. 

Our daughter was untouched. Not a scratch, and I will thank God every day for the rest of my life for protecting her. 

I have a pretty nasty bruise on my knee, some burns on my arms from the airbag and really bad bruising and burns across my shoulder and chest from the seatbelt.  I've also got some bruised ribs (they might as well be broken as badly as they hurt.)

My poor husband is a totally different story. The airbag gave him some pretty nasty cuts on his face. It also ripped of his left eyebrow, and the majority of his eyelashes are missing as well. He has cuts on numerous places on his scalp and has lots of bald spots. It's incredible how something designed to save your life can cause so much damage. He will definitely have some facial scarring, but we're hoping his eyebrow will grow back. 

Here are some pictures.... not for weak stomachs. 

My poor, poor car. 
I was the driver by the way, and have less serious injuries than my husband.



This is me in the ambulance
(Guess I wasn't in too much pain since I could document along the way)


This is us in the emergency room. We never had a room of our own.
We stayed in the hallway for nearly 5 hours.  


My poor, poor hubby. 



Me again, this time in the hospital 
( I was on the backboard WAY to long)


Horrible quality super zoomed in picture of my boo
:(


A close up shot of his cuts and missing eyebrow/hair



Trying to keep his spirits up



Thank God we're all going to be just fine.

Well, that's how my weekend was. How was yours?

4 comments:

Megan said...

OH my goodness! I'm so at a loss for words. I'm so so so glad you all are okay, and that your little one was unharmed. Although your hubby looks pretty bloody, he's very lucky that none of his injuries were too serious.

God was definitely looking out for you and your family!

Lindsey B said...

Oh my gosh - how scary. I am so thankful your daughter was safe. But, I feel horribly for you and your hubs. Praying for a fast recovery. And praying that you can find peace on the road again at some point in the near future.

Carol said...

This is horrible, and gruesome, and terrifying that some people don't know what is at stake everytime they get behind the wheel. I am outraged that the other driver for you.

I am thankful that baby was okay...what a blessing that is. Your car can be replaced, your lives can not...what a reality check.

Glad you are okay.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I'm glad you are still here! God's blessing is upon you!