Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tough few days.

The title says it all.
After our wreck on Sunday, things have just been... crazy, to say the least.

Here's a recap of the last few days...

After spending hours in the emergency department (in a hallway I might add) we came home and had some visitors. Our friends, (the best ones anyone could ask for) took amazing care of us. They came to the accident scene and took care of all the legalities, swapping info with the other driver, getting the police report and things we needed out of our car. They also bought us a brand new carseat for baby A before coming to the hospital to pick her up. (In case you weren't aware, once you are in an accident your baby's carseat is no longer good, so you have to replace it asap) So our friends were there to meet us when we got home to hand over the little one, and to see how we were doing. They stayed for a bit, as did my dad (who is the greatest dad ever btw) but my mom decided to stay the night to help out. Which she kind of did, but she left the next day. I really wish we had someone here with us still. It's REALLY difficult to take care of an 18lb baby with horrible bruised ribs. (Which I think get worse with every passing day) But we're making due with what we've got. Gotta do, what you've gotta do.

First thing Monday I called an attorney, fingers crossed that they decide to represent us. My poor husband is going to have permanent scars on his face, and I'm going to have terrible anxiety because of this schmuck. We deserve some sort of justice.
Spent most of the day on the phone going back and forth with insurance companies (ugh) and didn't really get much accomplished. We went to the "wrecker" place where they took my car, but they wouldn't let us get our things out of it because it's in my grandmother's name. Waste of time, in a car with no air, in FLORIDA. Thanks.

Tuesday rolls around, wake up feeling like we got hit by a truck, only then to have the truck put in reverse and run me over again. Oh, have I mentioned that the ER gave the Mr and I each a Rx of 10 pills. 10. That's it.
We met with a representative of our attorney at 9am. Filled out about a million forms, answers 10 million questions, and he said he would have one of their doctors get in touch with us so we could have a follow-up appointment, and (hopefully) get some more pain pills. I underestimated bruised ribs.
We spent the rest of the day trying to figure out the rental car situation. After decided that we'll bite the bullet and just buy a car (which I've never done and am terrified) we finally get in contact with the person in charge of that, and she had a rental waiting for me within 15 minutes of talking to her. Thank God. I have to get back to work. I really didn't want to use all of my holiday/sick days if I didn't absolutely have to. She reserved us a 2010 Dodge Charger. My husband is really jealous that I get to drive it and he doesn't. I really didn't care what I got, but after driving it a little, I've got to admit, it's pretty sweet. It's big, and I feel safe driving it.

So that brings us to today. First thing this morning we took my grandmother to the "wrecker" place, and we all took a look at the car, and got our things. We realized that the Mr did hit the windshield. His hair (and a lot of it) was lodged in the broken glass. He figure, since he was in the passenger seat, and we got hit on the driver side he kind of flew out of it, thus hitting the windshield and having half of his face torn off by the airbag. Poor guy.
We spent a good amount of time at the eye doctor trying to get him some new glasses (today, and yesterday) and he will still have to wait a couple of weeks before he gets them. ::Eye roll::

Anyhow, I'm still hurting, and haven't heard from a doctor, but I'm going back to work tomorrow. I have to, I need to, and I'm looking forward to it. 



Here are some of my injuries. 
This is from the seatbelt. 


And this is right below my right knee. 

I also have the worst bruise I've EVER seen on my lower abdomen. But I'll keep those pictures to myself. Not everything is interweb friendly. ;)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh my goodness. That does sound like a rough few days. I really hope you can get everything taken care of, and SMOOTHLY too. Try to take time to rest and don't push yourselves too hard.