Thursday, August 5, 2010

28 Weeks

•How far along?: 28 weeks.



•How big is baby?: She is about 15 inches, and 2 & 1/2 pounds.


•Maternity clothes?: Yep. Pants, shorts, shirts, dresses. I do have a few non maternity shirts I can still squeeze into, but not for long. I have a few band t's that I used to wear, now I can only wear them around the house because the bottom of my belly sticks out.


•Stretch marks?: Yes. More on that later.


•Sleep?: Welcome back 1st trimester fatigue. I'm sleeping pretty well these days, in between getting up to pee 20 times a night.


•Food cravings?: I want some fucking McDonalds. Period.


•Labor signs?: Nope.


•Belly button in or out?: Innie when I'm sitting down, and flat when I'm standing.


•What I miss: Coffee, my pre preg body, being able to shave easily, and the parts of my body I can no longer see.


•What I'm looking forward to: My baby shower, getting our place ready for baby, and of course her getting here!!

Anyhow, back to the stretch mark thing. I've known my entire life that if I were to ever get knocked up, I would most definitely have stretch marks. They are genetic. There is nothing you can do to prevent them; no magic cream or lotion, no fancy potion, and you can drink water until you over hydrate yourself there is NOTHING you can do! And it sucks. Well anyway, I've got a few. They're small, not really a big deal, but I thought maybe since I've known my entire life that I would have them, that I would be ok with it, that maybe I had talked myself in coming to terms with it. Nope. I'm not a happy camper. At all. It fucking sucks. I'm a vain bitch. I'll be the first to admit that, and the fact that I may never wear a bikini again, does not make me happy.
Speaking of my vanity, tonight starts my "Nightly Walks". I've told myself from the beginning that when I hit the 3rd trimester, I would walk everyday. Whether it be around our apartment complex, or around the block, I'm going to get off my fat ass and do it. By myself or with Chad, either way, it's happening. They say it helps with labor, and if I can do anything to prevent myself from being in labor for 20+ hours, and pushing for 3, I'm game. Plus maybe it'll help my thunder thighs shrink a bit.

No comments: