Monday, August 30, 2010

Baby Shower

OK. Well this past Saturday was my baby shower. Finally. It seemed like it took forever for it to arrive after ordering the invitations. But eventually it came, and went, and I must admit, I enjoyed myself very much.

Those of you that know me, know that my family is bat shit crazy, I cannot stress that enough to people who are about to meet them. And that's exactly what I tried to explain to Lindsey, Jessica and Penny.... please don't judge me because of my crazy ass family. None of them get along, some of them are bitches, and they're deaf. It's quite embarrassing at times, but what do you do? You deal. That's all you can do really.

Anyhow, lets get to the deets....
I was really worried that it wouldn't be nice. I didn't want it to turn out lame and trashy.... and low and behold.... it.was.amazing. Pam Harler (my hostess) did an absolutely amazing job with everything; food, decorations, games (that we only got to play 1 of 5 scheduled) all around hostess duties, she was fantastic. She is the sweetest human being on the planet and I'm am so grateful that she offered to throw my shower. There was soooo much pink; ribbons, streamers, cups, plates, napkins...everything. I loved it. Another thing I was terrified of was no one coming. I sent out nearly 40 invitations, and was so scared of having maybe 10 guests. I didn't do a head count, but if I had to guess, I'd say that at least half of them came. Even people I didn't know were there. I was obligated to invite a few of them because my mimi (who co-hosted the shower) insisted. So although I may have looked gift grabby and selfish, I did what she asked. And some of them came. Imagine how awkward it felt to attempt to have a conversation with someone who came to your shower, brought you a gift, when you don't even know them. I actually felt really bad because there were so many people there I didn't feel like I gave everyone enough attention. I'm sure I came off rude to some people, but what the hell was I supposed to do? I only had so much time before they wanted to start the festivities.
.So the invitation said the shower would start at 2. 2 came and went because I wanted to make sure the majority of people were there that were coming. And when 2:30 rolled around, it was time.
.We started out with a game, it was cute. Guess how many mints are in this giant bottle/bank. It lasted a good 10 minutes. After it was over people were ready to eat. Apparently, no one ate lunch before coming, so they lined up fixed their plates and it was time for me to open presents! I was very surprised at how many gifts were there. Since not ONE item was purchased off any of my registries, I figured I'd get a lot of diapers and clothes. oh.em.gee. My darling daughter will not have to wear the same outfit more than once for possibly the first year or two of her life. She has sooo many outfits, and even a few duplicates (which is what registries are for people, to prevent that from happening) But all is well. She has some of the CUTEST clothes a girl could ask for. I can't wait to dress her all up and show her off to the world! Some of my personal favorites include (but are not limited to) a beautiful (etsy purchased) headband with her initial on it, and Baby Leg leg warmers!!! I cannot wait to put those on her! She will be to cool for school, I promise. Also a big hit were the mustache pacifiers (which were the only pacifiers I received surprisingly) Chad is very excited about them! I also got a diaper bag which was WAY to much. Pink and fuzzy, and flowery...thanks Mimi, but it went back to the store. Chad would not be a happy camper if he had to lug that around.
.The present opening process took what seemed like FOREVER, I was hot and sweaty by the end of it. And when I had finished, everyone was ready to go. Which was fine by me, it meant no more trying to not be rude and talk to every person there for an acceptable amount of time as to not look like a rude, selfish bitch. So the place cleared out, Linds, Jess and Penny were awesome opossums and loaded up all the prezzies, and I finally got a chance to eat what was left, a few chips, a couple cocktail weenies, a cracker or two, some fruit, and about 5 tablespoons of icing from the cupcakes. YUM. hahaha!
All in all, I was surprised there was not a lot of family drama. There were however, way too many children. The day turned out well, and I have pretty much everything I need with the exception of a few little things now. This entry has gone on way too long, and I promise to post some pictures when flickr stops fucking around.
Here are a few pictures, I'll add more when flickr sees fit.

No comments: