Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Back to work, and a sneak peek!

It looks like this weekend I'll be going back to work. It doesn't really feel like maternity leave is ending since I'll only be working on Saturdays and Sundays, so I'll still be home all week by myself with the little one. I'm excited and happy to be going back to work, but I can't help but think that it's really just going to be a pain the the ass. I mean, those days are the days that the hubs is home and he lets me catch up on sleep that I missed during the week. I can see it now, I'll be scheduled to be there first thing in the morning both days, so I'll be super tired and any chance of me being able to sleep in will go right out the window.
It's fine, we need the extra income right now anyway. Not that it's much, but some is better than none.


Income tax time is rapidly approaching. And although I'm usually excited about blowing our extra money on superfluous shit, I'm extra excited about it this year because we're (hopefully) getting my happy ass a car. I have been without a vehicle since March! Do you know how bad it sucks to have to rely on other people to transport you from place to place?! Even if you just need to pick something up from the grocery store? It sucks. I hate being stranded. I should probably also mention that the Mr.'s car is a stick shift, and although I've attempted to learn, I've never mastered driving the damn thing. So aside from borrowing a friends car once or twice, I've hardly driven at all in 9 months! 9 MONTHS! So, God willing, I will be the happy owner of my own car (eeeeeek!) in a few short months! When that happens, I'll be looking into getting a new job as well, somewhere working nights. I still want to stay home with A because I don't want a stranger raising my child. I'll most likely get a restaurant gig. Serving is easy, I'm really good at it, and the money is good. I mean, how awesome is it to work 3 hours and go home with $150 in your pocket. $50 an hour is not bad at all! Hopefully I'll be able to find a serving job in a decent restaurant fairly quickly. Fingers crossed!


I'm feeling great today, by the way. Kiddo went to bed at 11pm, woke up at 230am, 630am, then we took a short nap from 7 to 8, got up had some breakfast and took a totally awesome nap from 8 to 1030. I feel well rested and ready to take on the world! She is waking up now and wants lunch so I'm outta here! Have a good day!


Here is a sneak peek at our Christmas photos!
Even though it's blurry, this is one of my favorites.
More to come after cards have been received by all ;)



















2 comments:

Carol said...

She's adorable! She looks like a little candy cane...i could just eat her up! CUTE!

J.Mo said...

Thank you! I got so much flack about that dress....people have a love/hate relationship with it! I love it! lol