Thursday, December 23, 2010

I guess I should update...

Since my last post things have changed a bit.

We finally made it to the pedi who prescribed baby A some Zantac. While it's only been 2 days, I can already see a difference when I'm feeding her. I hate that she has acid reflux, especially since I've had heartburn maybe once in my life, so I have no idea what she's going through, but I'm glad they diagnosed her and gave her something to make it better. They also decided to give her her 2 month vaccines. I thought it was just going to be a well baby visit so I hadn't prepared myself for what was to come. 3 shots, and an oral. It.Was.Awful. When the nurse gave her the first shot she screamed and didn't catch her breath right away, which was sad, but babies do that sometimes, but my mom just happened to be there and she went ape shit on the nurse who almost didn't wait to give her the second shot once she had caught her breath. Picture my mom being a complete bitch yelling at the nurse for almost giving my kid a shot while she wasn't breathing. Now, don't get me wrong, she wasn't turning blue kind of not breathing, she was exhaling from crying and it lasted a little longer than it usually does. But come on, she's a nurse, she knows what she's doing, she does it everyday. Anyway, we stopped off and picked up some infant Tylenol and headed home. She was not happy at all that night. I thought most babies sleep after getting their shots; not mine. Not until screaming for hours did she finally go to sleep. The next day she was fine as frog hair, so everythings ok!

The best friend anyone could ever ask for has been spending the days with me this week to prevent me from going insane from loneliness. As of Monday I had hit my breaking point and needed someone to be here with me. Yesterday we spent the afternoon doing a little last minute Christmas shopping, and had lunch at the Olive Garden..yum. Baby A did pretty well, fussed a little, but I think it's because she knew I was trying to eat. She has a tendency to want to either be held, or fed as soon as dinner is ready. It was her first time in a restaurant and I've got to admit, she did very well.

So I'm feeling better emotionally, but now, I'm sick. Of course. Sore throat, pitiful cough, body aches....yep, that's me. I'm praying I don't get my newborn sick, that would be terrible. So everyone please cross your fingers that she doesn't come down with something.

Well tomorrow is Christmas Eve. The Mr. will be home (yay!) so he will be hanging out with the little one while I make Red Velvet Cake Balls for Christmas dinner.
Check them out HERE.
I'm really looking forward to it, and I hope they turn out well! Christmas Day we'll be making the hour or so drive to have lunch with my mom's side of the family, and them making another 30 or so minute drive to have dinner with my dad's side. Every one's excited to get to spend some time with baby A, and I'm excited to get to eat some delicious food!

Before I go, I've got to give a shout out to a couple of amazing ladies who made me realize that this infant stage will get better, and there's a light at the end of this hellish tunnel. Thank you so much Carol and Max! It's nice to have someone who's been there give me some advice. I ordered the book 12 Hours Sleep by 12 Weeks Old (thanks for the recommendation Carol) and I plan on starting it New Year's Day!

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Girl! I'm so behind from the holidays. You are very welcome. I don't know it all, but I've been there twice, and sometimes it just helps to know that someone else understands. Motherhood sucks at times, but there will be a point when you realize you wouldn't change a thing about it...for me, that happened around 6 months :)