Thursday, October 7, 2010

37 Weeks! Full-Term!!

•How far along?: 37 weeks...


•How big is baby?: The size of a watermelon. Around 6 and a half pounds and 21 inches long. Give or take a little.

•Maternity clothes?: Almost everything. Sadly I'm down to one pair of maternity jeans that fit, but luckily I'll have an outside baby before it gets too chilly; hopefully anyway, it's been really nice out, so I know the cold is right around the corner. Finding it hard to believe we're in Florida...but I'm not complaining.


•Stretch marks?: ::Raises hand:: Yep, but it could be so much worse.


•Sleep?: Last night wasn't fun, keep reading to find out why...


•Food cravings?: Whatever is currently shown via commercial.


•Labor signs?: Nothing. Unfortunately.


•Belly button in or out?: Innie. It's not coming out!


•What I miss: My pre preg body and weight, being able to shave easily, and the parts of my body I can no longer see. Being able to get up easily, and not peeing 100 times a day.


•What I'm looking forward to: Meetin my beebee!!

Well folks, we've made it. As of today we are full-term. This means that if baby A were born now, all of her organs would be functioning well enough that she would make it outside my womb. I have to admit, this pregnancy has been a breeze, and I honestly can't complain (with the exception of crazy, raging hormones in the first trimester) but I'm to the point NOW where I'm just ready. I'm heavy, tired all the, hot constantly, it's hard to get up from the seated position or lying down...I could go on and on. Honestly, I'm just ready to meet our baby. So i'll keep the complaining to a minimum.

Anyhow, on to my lack of sleep last night. Ugh. The Mr. and I got in bed at midnight (after of course watching Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report) hubby was tossing and turnng, and coughing about every 5 minutes or so. He drank some water hoping that would fix it, it didn't. So he decides around 1 that the ceiling fan is the cause of his cough. So he turns it on it's lowest, quietest setting.
Now, normally this would not be an issue, but I CANNOT sleep without some sort of noise; the fan is the perfect amount of noise to put me right to sleep. This solves the Mr.'s coughing problem and he is sleeping within 15 minutes. His lovely wife on the other hand, not so lucky. After tossing and turning for what seemed like hours, I decided I would take a sheet, go into the living room, turn the fan on full blast and pass out on the couch. Awe, sweet, sweet sleep. 2 hours later my lovely cat Mordecai decides he doesn't want me to sleep anymore, so he begins to meow...constantly, until I get up, and go back into the bedroom. My cat is a spoiled brat sometimes.
By now it's 4am. I'm exhausted, and cranky. Of course Mordecai follows me into the room, jumps on the bed again, and again, and after kicking him off over and over I finally get up and lock him out! I toss and turn and fall asleep for maybe another hour until the hubs wakes up to get ready for work. As he is kissing my goodbye, I ask him to "please, for the love of God turn the fan on high, and keep that damn cat out of here before I kill him!!" It is now 6:30am and I sleep blissfully, uninterupted until 11:30 when I wake up. Needless to say, I'm a bit tired today, but I'm sure it's good practice for when A arrives...

No comments: