Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sleep is for pansies

That's right. I said it. Sleep is definitely for the weak. I don't need sleep. I can sleep when I'm dead. HA! I don't know what is going on lately but I have not been able to fall asleep to save my life. It's become really depressing, but maybe it's my body or mind or whatever preparing me for what life will be like when baby A gets here. I "go to bed" around 11 or 12 every night, and there I am, snuggled all comfortable in my blankets all cozy, and I then proceed to toss and turn for hours. Now when I say hours, I really mean it. It's been 3:30, 4am before I've actually fallen asleep lately. How do I know this you ask? Why, that's because I'm getting up every hour, on the hour to pee. Yes, don't forget I am in my ninth month of pregnancy and this kid weighs somewhere around 6+ pounds. When you have something that heavy just sitting on your bladder, let alone jump, and randomly headbutt you in the middle of the night, you learn it's either get up and go now, or there's going to be a mess to clean up on your totally awesome and comfortable bed. But I digress.

Saturday turned out to be quite nice, surprisingly enough. Lindsey and I made plans to go to the Winter Park Autumn Art Festival with her momma. We wanted to look around at the art neither of us could afford, and try to walk this baby out of me. This meant me getting up early. Now I should let you know, that I wake up naturally everyday. I don't set an alarm, I just sleep. I've been loving it, but like I mentioned earlier, nowadays it's essential since I'm not falling asleep until the early morning hours. So after falling asleep at 4:30 in the morning, I then had to wake up at 8:30. Yep, that's right...I got a whopping 4 hours of sleep. Was I tired? Yes. Was I going to make the best of it? Yes. Did I? Hell yes I did. The Mr. stopped at the store, and I grabbed a coke to boost my energy level. It seemed to do the trick.

We left for the festival, I don't know, about 10 or 10:30, it was nice out, (being that this is Florida) but it could have been a tad cooler. Believe me when I say there was not a cloud in the sky. Freaking beautiful day. I wore jeans, because sometimes I'm an idiot. Plus, I had to work later that afternoon and just wore what I was going to wear to work (which these days is limited since I see no point in buying more maternity clothes to wear for another 2 weeks or so). It was crowded and I was sweating, so after we finished walking the festival, which didn't take long, we went into the Gap so Linds and her mom could do some shopping. They shopped, I cooled off. It.Was.Wonderful. Then it was lunch time...Panera. Yum.

I am trying to start taking more pictures but I always seem to find reason not to bring my camera. I'm sure that will change when Miss. A arrives. So I have no photos to share with you of my journey in the land of fake boobs and expensive cars.

So all in all, even on 4 hours of sleep, sweating my pregnant ass off, dodging rude people cutting me off in the sea of people, I had a wonderful time. I was in great spirits, with great company, on an absolutely beautiful day.

I promise, promise, promise to start taking and sharing more photos with you!

No comments: