Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happy Due Date To Us!

•How far along?: 40 weeks

•How big is baby?: According to What to Expect around 7 to 8 pounds and between 19 and 21 inches. Actual, real baby size.

•Maternity clothes?: Yep, what still fits anyway.

•Stretch marks?: Meh, I'm not worried about it.

•Sleep?: I have good nights and bad nights. Last night was terrible, so maybe tonight will be better.

•Food cravings?: Sweets I guess.

•Labor signs?: Yep. Lots of them. We'll get to that later...

•Belly button in or out?: In. It's not coming out!

•What I miss: Lots of things, but it's OK, it's almost over!

•What I'm looking forward to: Meeting my daughter.

So last night we had our second trip to labor and delivery. I have been having contractions on and off since Monday, and finally yesterday I had a couple that took my breath away. So when the hubs got home off we went. Of course once we get there and I get hooked up to the monitors, the contractions pretty much stop. Just my luck. But they did an internal exam, and I am 1 centimeter dilated, 70% effaced, and at a -2 station, so we are making some progress. They sent me home and told us not to come back until they were 5 minutes apart, and I couldn't walk, talk or breathe through them.

This morning I had my last weekly appointment. My doctor saw in my chart that I had been to L&D, and decided she wanted to do an internal exam herself to see if I had progressed at all over night. Nope. Nothing. Still the same. So she officially scheduled my induction for next Thursday, November 4th (which, by the way, she will not be able to attend, so some random doctor that I haven't met will be delivering my daughter. Nice huh?)

I might add that after coming home from L&D last night I took a shower and attempted to go to bed. This was when I had my first set of contractions that I could actually feel begin, peak, go away, and I could time them. They lasted for about an hour, at about 5 minute intervals. This is when they said to come back to L&D, but I wasn't going anywhere. Which is kind of a good thing since after the one hour, I had another contraction that peaked, and just stayed there. It didn't go away, it just.....stayed. And God did it hurt. I didn't sleep more than 3 hours because I was hurting so much. I tried switching positions, laid on the floor, the couch...everything I could imagine, and nothing worked. So I felt like shit when I "woke up".

After the appointment this morning, Lindsey and I walked around the mall, since it was so hot outside, it saved me from having to walk around the block like I usually do. Once she dropped me off, the pain came back.... I can't sit down without feeling like she is being shoved back up, and I can't stand up without feeling like she is going to fall out. I am in so much pain, and am so uncomfortable. I'm just so ready to have this baby. I'm ready to get to the hospital and get some pain meds. And of course, meet our daughter. I'm sorry if this is jumpy, I'm typing between contractions...

No comments: