Wednesday, October 13, 2010

38 weeks and an update

Okay, so I'm a day early, big deal.


•How far along?: 38 weeks...


•How big is baby?: Big and heavy. Since I wont be getting a growth ultrasound to measure her size before she arrives (thanks sucky OB) I wont know exactly how big/small she will be until I deliver.


•Maternity clothes?: Yep. Everything. I have two nice shirts that I can wear out, and one pair of pants. It's sad. I did have a decent amount of maternity clothes about half way through my pregnancy, but now the things I had to wear, don't fit quite as nice. So I'm pretty limited. :(


•Stretch marks?: It could be so much worse.


•Sleep?: It's hit or miss. Some nights I can sleep just fine, others I'm up every hour on the hour only to wake up and actually get out of bed at 6am.

•Food cravings?: Whatever is currently shown via commercial. Right now, candy corn.


•Labor signs?: I had contractions last night consistently for an hour or so, then nothing. So far today, I've had 2 or 3.

•Belly button in or out?: It's kind of flat. So neither I guess.

•What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, and caffeine.

•What I'm looking forward to: Going into labor and finally meeting my baby.


I had my weekly appointment today, and I'm not happy with how it went. My OB sucks. I really, really liked her at first, but with each meeting, I like her less and less.

Today I went in, after having contractions last night, and being in so much pain from the baby dropping ready to be induced (haha, I knew it wouldn't happen but a girl can dream right?!) I've known for weeks now that she will not do internal exams to let me know about dilation until I'm either overdue, or am having regular contractions. I know it's really pointless anyway, she'd either tell me that A) I am dilated or, B) I'm not. So I asked about sweeping my membranes, she said no. Thanks doc. Then I asked how long she would let me go overdue before talking induction; she said that if I came in for my 40 week appointment and had no signs of labor we could talk induction and set a date for the following week. So I guess I wont be going over 41 weeks. Thank God, but honestly I would much rather have her now, at 38 weeks.


There are more things I could be trying to jump start my labor, but I guess I'm just lazy. Things I haven't tried;

Evening Primrose Oil


Spicy Food


Castor Oil (eww)


Olive Oil


Pineapple and


Red Raspberry Leaf Tea


I don't want to do Castor oil, seriously I would rather not have to deal with diarrhea before going into labor. The tea, I would try if there was a Whole Foods Store near us, alas, there isn't. I've heard you have to eat 7 whole pineapples for that old wives tale to work, and that's just too much. I'm hoping to have some spicy wings this weekend if little lady hasn't made her arrival. I've also been walking everyday, and doing squats. The Mr. suggested I do some jumping jacks, but I'm not sure if that's safe, so I'll have to ask Dr. Google. Please, please send me some labor dust, I'm begging you...


I'll leave you with my 38 week bump picture.


No comments: